Your health and safety are extremely important to us.
COVID-19 has created a very different world for mobile veterinarians. Our most important goal is to prevent the transmission of coronavirus infection from one household to another household on our clothing, hands, or equipment.
What to expect from us
1) Personal protective equipment (PPE): In homes and apartments, it is incredibly difficult (and often impossible) to maintain the recommended 2 metres of physical distance. This is why PPE is essential.
We have invested in 12 sets of coveralls to allow us to be completely covered during your appointment so that we will not bring any contaminants into your home. Before each visit, my veterinary technician and I will change into a fresh set of coveralls, fresh surgical booties to cover our feet, and face shields or masks. I am hoping that the face shields will make communication easier.
All of our equipment is disinfected thoroughly in between each appointment.
2) We will never come to your home if we are feeling unwell. We begin each day with a temperature check as a screening tool.
What we expect from you
As the COVID-19 protocol is a two-way street, there are some things we require from you:
1) Please cancel your appointment if you or a family member is feeling unwell. ** There is no cancellation fee for an appointment that is cancelled due to illness.** We sincerely appreciate your care for us.
2) We will need access to a sink for hand-washing prior to the start of our appointment. We will bring our own disinfectant soap and towels.
3) We will need an uncluttered surface (a table or coffee table) for our computer and the exam +/- blood collection or treatment of cats and small dogs. Rabbits, medium-breed, and large-breed dogs will be examined on the floor.
4) We would greatly appreciate it if you would wear a mask, and limit the number of people at the appointment to two individuals. We love kids, but it is often difficult for them to remember to respect physical distancing.
5) Ideally, we would like to begin our consultation 2 metres apart so we can chat, and I can take a detailed history and background of your pet. Please consider in advance where you would like us to sit so that we can maintain a safe distance from each other.
We thank you for your care and understanding!
Dr. Kenzie and Erin